Random musings of a college teacup

Random musings of a college teacup
who was brought up in sunshine breeding.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I shall bust my butt harder than I've ever had before.


So much great stuff has happened today! With the exception of a rather boring session in Philosophy class :(, my report for history class went really well. And then I had to ditch my beloved girls for a baking session over the suspension of classes so I could head straight to a meeting with my long-time idol, Jason Magbanua, to discuss the internship. Glad I got to seal the deal! *I'm too happy I can't even think straight right now* :)
Despite being so well-known, he's one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever met. Have I not known who he is, I wouldn't have thought that he's totally up there.
What I'm really amazed with the most is that I'm the first intern he's ever accepted. Ever. I'm just way too grateful for this opportunity. Just 7 months ago, I was just among one of his thousands (perhaps even millions) of fans, admiring and sharing his works to every single person I run into. Even during first sem, I've told all my friends that I'm going to work for this guy, even an internship would be fine. I just have to witness for myself what makes him the best there is in his field...and then now I'm here at Bizu listing down his expectations, how he usually runs his shoot, his thoughts on the industry, the former professors and classes he took up in Ateneo (classes and profs of which I'm currently taking!)...and a lot of other things. 
He also discussed some things about his career that I only found out awhile ago. Funny how I've done all my research about this legendary guy but I've missed out on some particular bits. It just goes to show that his awesomeness is an ever-evolving thing. 
The second time I helped out in his shoot last month (for Rica Peralejo's wedding), I was so starstrucked I couldn't even talk that much. Starstrucked by him and not the actress pa! It's so funny! 
Anyway, I take this as a sign from God, I guess, that I should continue busting my butt ... If I've busted it hard enough last sem, I should bust it harder this time that it should hurt and enable some form of muscle formation. 
Though that's a rather highly exaggerated way to put it, you get what I mean, right? 



After meeting up with him, I still had a few hours to spend with my lovely girls so I decided to rush back to Katipunan and went straight to La Vista for some baking101 with Nic, Nelle and Reich. And then came 6pm, I had to rush all the way back to Ateneo for the film class. And now, I'm back home, forcing myself to read up on that 20-page reading on masturbation for Theology for another one of Rochester's hardest quizzes tomorrow. Usually, I'd be too tired to even bring out those readings from my bag when I get home at 8pm from film class. So this is one of the few nights that I'm actually NOT drained out from school. I dunno. I'm just full of excitement, full of energy that not even a thick amount of reading could stand in the way of my happiness. 

Getting this internship is more than enough to keep me occupied (even without a date on Valentine's that is fast approaching).

God is good. And I've got all things in the world going for me. Not a single yearning for a love life. Nada. Let my  singleton state and youth flap its wings on the world of videography.

5 comments:

  1. Only the best wedding videographer there ever is in the Phil! He's in the wedding industry. You should've seen his names at almost all the weddings! :))

    Click!

    http://jasonmagbanua.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's absolutely amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alexa. :)
    I take it that all is well with you. Hope to see you sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete