Random musings of a college teacup

Random musings of a college teacup
who was brought up in sunshine breeding.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Roll on French letters

I just found this romantic letter written by a French soldier to the love of his life during the 2nd world war. It's incredible to find something this romantic in the most authentic sense these days.

"a loose translation of the writing on on that French postcard is
"how much i would like to find myself next to you this morning, to take your head in my two hands with eager tenderness and a fever of caresses"
The postmark is 1917- sent during World War I"

Lovely, isn't it? Makes me want to go back to Paris this instant. I wonder what I'll be doing 10 years from now. Will I still roll on in that prestigious world of wedding videography? Will I become a graphic designer? Or can I pursue both at the same time? But one thing's for certain. I am going back to Europe. My sole mission in life is to see the world and immerse myself in the knowledge of things I'm sure that, at this point, I don't know even exist. Oh how I long for my days as an undergrad to hasten up till its last.

No comments:

Post a Comment